Re: bugs.debian.org: database never seems to update

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 10:00:03PM +0000, Lazarus Long wrote:

> Submitting a bug doesn't seem to take, bouncing the message generated
> (and cc'd to me) by the bug package doesn't seem to take, nothing
> seems to update the database.  I'm not referring to the lack of a email
> acknowledgement, I'm referring to the fact that the bugs-for-this-package
> page doesn't change either.  (Nor does the bot in irc for that matter.)

The database is not updated at once. The HTML pages are generated (once per
day iirc) and then mirrored all over the world. Look at the time stamp page
of the Mirror you use. If the time stamp is older than the bug you submitted
you have to wait for the next mirror run.

Hope that clarified this point

    Torsten