Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On 99-11-30 Matthias Klose wrote:
> Christian Kurz writes:
>  > > Package: libg++2.8.2-dev (main)
>  > > Maintainer: Debian EGCS maintainers <egcs@packages.debian.org>
>  > >   50048  libg++2.8.2-dev: empty package on sparc
>  >
>  > When will the package become removed as stated in the BTS?

> There exists a bug filed against ftp.debian.org.

Seems like our FTP-Maintainers are overworked and do not have any time
to close those bugs.

>  > > Package: libg++272 (main)
>  > > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
>  > >   47212  [m68k] libg++272_2.7.2.8-1 build failure
>  >
>  > Here we need the help from the M68K-Team to find the bug and a solution
>  > for it.

> This is a more general issue. Currently even on i386 libg++272 does
> not build with a gcc272, which was built on potato. We would need a
> glibc-2.0 based build environment, I doubt this is worth the
> trouble. Currently there are only the following packages dependant on
> libg++272:

> netscape & communicator

> and optimizer (Does not compile with gcc-2.9x and egcs). The
> maintainer wanted to remove this package for the slink release. But
> it's still there ...

So, can we surely remove the package without breaking much stuff? What
does the maintainer say about this issue?

>  > > Package: libgcj0 (main)
>  > > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
>  > >   46062  [sparc] build fails in all-target-boehm-gc
>  >
>  > Who has enough time to work on this issue?

> if someone tries the following: apply the gcj-backport patch to gcc,
> build the libgcj from the CVS and tell me if it works ... Another
> solution is to backport libgc5 to libgcj-2.95.1

Has someone from the QA-Team time to work it?

>  > > Package: libgcj0-dev (main)
>  > > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
>  > >   48741  depends on a non-free package
>  >
>  > Same issue as the one above.

> try to solve with dependency to zlib-bin. next upload ...

And if you need some help, just contact us.

>  > > Package: libreadlineg2 (main)
>  > > Maintainer: Guy Maor <maor@debian.org>
>  > >   39907  lftp dumps core
>  >
>  > Should be not too hard to fix, so when can we expect a fixed version?

> dependency is tightened in the next upload.

Th@nks for working on those bugs and your other work for Debian.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *