Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On 99-11-29 Marcelo Magallon wrote:
> [ trimmed "To:" a little.  Please CC me, I'm not on -devel nor -qa ]

And trimmed it again a bit.

> Ok.  Got a box of my own.  Installed Debian on it.  No network access
> yet.  Working on that.  BTW, I haven't checked this, but there seems

Okay, this is no problem since, there are other people on this list,
that can help you to get the bugs fixed.

> to be some issue with Athlons: slink disc #2 boots ok, #1 doesn't
> (CD's from Linux Central).

Well, I don't have any Athlon here around, so I can't check. But I
wonder, what this problem has to do with the processor.

> a mess with c++... fun, fun, fun :-), anyway, SuSE 5.2 boots with
> 2.2.10, with MTRR enabled, which gently spits out an exception and
> hangs right after printing "MTRR blah blah blah".  I grabbed 2.2.10
> sources from their CD, recompiled without MTRR and it boots ok.  Dunno
> if this has been solved with 2.2.13, but it's something to keep in
> mind for the boot floppies.  (The funny thing is the kernel does say

This is interesting and maybe someone has time to test it out and
examine the problem.

>  > > Package: gltt2 (main)
>  > > Maintainer: Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org>
>  > >   50596  gltt2: current version needs recompile.
>  >
>  > Can someone please recompile the package with the new libc?

> Please NMU, along with Moonlight (long compile, but should not give
> trouble, back in september I uploaded a new release with patches for
> the new egcs)

Could then somebody from the QA-Team please do this? I looked at the
dependancies and saw that my system is mesa3g-dev missing and I don't
want to install them just for an NMU.

>  > > Package: wmmail (main)
>  > > Maintainer: Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org>
>  > >   44569  wmmail: wmmail: defaults domain HC!@HC!@card/GNUstep/Defaults/WMMail corrupted
>  >
>  > Could this just be a problem with a wrong default while compiling it? If
>  > yes, Marcelo, can we NMU it to get it fixed?

> Last time I looked at this, it was a problem with libproplist, IIRC.
> It's a very simple thing, I beleive.

Okay, maybe I take a look at it later.

>  > Brandon

> [ the name is Branden...  recently I have experienced first hand what
>   it means to have your name misspelled/mispronounced five times a
>   day...  it's not funny ]

I know and I'm sorry about it. Even it stood in the line before, I
frequently mistyped it.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *