request from an "enemy" user (Centos 8)

Hi guys, how are you doing?
I hope that all is fine for you, especially in this heavy period.

well, I have some kind of "strange question", basically i would need to understand
how to manage ShrewSoft installation on a CentosSTREAM client.
(I saw from the site that you shoul be the actual mainener of that software, this is because the original maintenance was ends on 2013.)

Talking about Centos distros, 7,8,STREAM
I was able to install StrongSwan, then IKE-QT gui, then import the .vpn configuration successfully.
Actually when I launch the GUI interface I have the error:

'failed to attach to key daemon'

I guess that it could depend on the fact that I have not the iked daemon installed on Centos

(it seems included on original IKE 2.2.1 package that won't install on other distro different than Ubuntu/Debian because the lack of the overall knowledge - also on tech present on google

In fact, you fall in an infinite loop of missing dependencies, that make you mad).

Due to the fact that I would like to have grant a VPN access on both our client topology (Ubuntu and Centos), I would need to know if you could address me in some way (directly or someone to ask, considering that Shrew seems not so good maintained apart you

Font:

https://reposcope.com/package/ike.

Could you please give me some hints for that issue?

Thanks a lot in advance, take care all

Ciao

Cheers

Luca