NMU request for net-snmp

(I'm CC-ing the NMU'er of ucd-snmp in case he's interested and
not subscribed to debian-qa. Hello Daniel! And obviously the
package maintainer. Hello David.)

I hope this is the right place to ask....

Anyway, I just want to draw someone's attention to the
net-snmp package (libsnmp5 and snmpd for example) which has
three RC bugs against it, two of which have been open for
about a month, and both of those are FTBFS-type errors)

All three RC bugs have patches, and are in fact fairly trivial
("obviously correct") fixes. As such, I'd like to see this
package NMU'd so that it can slide into testing.

I'm not a DD so I can't check all the stuff in the ldap
directory about the maintainer (David Engel <david@debian.org>)'s
presence, but ucd-snmp (libsnmp4.2) _has_ been NMU'd recently,
so I expect that Daniel's done the research to confirm this
is reasonable.

On the other hand, David has made an upload of net-snmp
much more recently than ucd-snmp, in fact in late February 2003.
So I don't know if he's actually MIA or just on holiday.

I guess my main point here is to bring this package into someone's
mind with the time and inclination (and archive uploading rights)
to fix it.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

use, duplication and distribution.