some tiny tool proposal

Hi,

first thing, I'm not yet a DD and new in this list.
I'm interested in QA work, and want te become a DD, so after some
private talk with M. Palmer, he gave me as an advice to work on the
actual work on package to be orphaned / removed

I built this really small page :
http://amaretto.inria.fr:8080/diogenes/site/qa_debian/

listing all _source_ package that are atm in sarge and not in sarge
(with a little diff on the Sources.gz files of the two dists) for main

its intent is to have a summary of package that have been tested, that
are of release quality, that needs some work, that are orphaned, etc ...

you can create new status for a package here :
http://amaretto.inria.fr:8080/diogenes/site/qa_debian/StatusList/

and update packages states here :
http://amaretto.inria.fr:8080/diogenes/site/qa_debian/NewPackageList/
(big page: about 1,2 Mb atm)

I've not removed some package like most of gnome2 libs and stuff like
that since i used scripts to feed the database, so every new source
package name is here.

If this tools pleases you, i can work a little on it to improve its
functionnalities

Note: this tool isn't intent to permit a global view of the actual work,
it's only to keep an exhaustive track of the work wich has already been
done.

btw I subscribed today, and craeling the entire archive is really ...
heavy work, so I don't want to do it if you think this was a silly tool.

moreover, I'm interested to work on this (listing new package in
testing, and verifiying if they are of release quality or not)

best regards,
--
Pierre Habouzit

http://www.madism.org/