Re: [RFC] Software Process Improvement in Free Software, Closing the Quality Cycle, Inventing Non-Developer-Demotivating QA/QM/SPI

Thomas Schorpp wrote:
> >How does this address Fabian's concern that there's not enough
> >experience in the *Debian community.  Sure, there may be many qualit
> >managers with lots of experience in the companies you mentioned, but
> >how does that help Debian?
>
> I assumed there should be many people who are contributing to Linux in
> their free time, although hired.

Define many.  It's still a small fraction of the entire amount of Free
Software developers.  And then still many are developing in their
spare time and not only in the company.  And even if they are
developing in the company, chances are good that they don't develop
the "classic" way but like Free Software as they would do it outside
the company.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Open source is important from a technical angle.             -- Linus Torvalds