Bug still present: cvs pserver not working on sarge

found 264019 1:1.12.9-14
thanks

For me this bug is not fixed. We installed version -14 on Alioth:
hertzog@haydn:~$ dpkg -l cvs | grep ^h
hi  cvs            1.12.9-14      Concurrent Versions System

But I still get the error mentionned in this bug report:
rhertzog@pianobar:~/tmp$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/nm-templates login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.alioth.debian.org:2401/cvsroot/nm-templates
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.alioth.debian.org: cvs: WARNING: Read-only repository access mode selected via `cvs -R'.

This bug is very annoying since it means that pserver access is
basically broken on alioth (and in any server running sarge!). We
(alioth admins) get regular complaints from our users, so it would be
nice if a fixed package could be provided (or should we really go back
and install the cvs package from woody?).

Considering the number of bugs on the package, let me suggest you to
start looking for co-maintainers. I'm ccing debian-qa, maybe someone
else will find some time to help you at least on that specific bug.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog