Re: Version 1.8 package available

Hello,

I would like someone to sponsor an adoption/hijacking or NMU'ing
of a more recent version of "dvipng" than is available in the Debian
archive.

I have prepared an NMU of dvipng containing the latest version from
upstream and have been trying to contact the previous maintainer as
noted below.

The NMU would close 330540, 346181, 327130 and 346084 in addition to
338807.

Regards,

Kapil.

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006, I wrote to 338807@bugs.debian.org:
> I have packaged dvipng version 1.8 and put in under
>
> http://www.imsc.res.in/~kapil/debian/dvipng/dvipng_1.8-0.1.dsc
>
> The relevant diff to build against upstream is enclosed.

I also sent the following mail to the Maintainer on Sat, 06 May 2006:
> I have been tracking the Debian package of "dvipng" which you maintain
> since this package is quite useful for the package "tex4ht" which
> I maintain.
>
> I notice that you have not updated the package for a while.
>
> Would you be interested in uploading a new version or having me as a
> co-maintainer for the package? In case you so wish I am also willing
> to adopt this package. I need certain features of "dvipng" that have
> become available after version 1.5.

I also sent the following mail to the sponsor of the previous upload
on Tue, 16 May 2006: