taking over a neglected RC-buggy package

Hello QA Team,

	Background: shc package currently [1] in the archive has RC-issues [2], which
have been resolved by a non-DD NMU [3]. No packages depend on shc package.
Sponsors welcome. As you can see the last upload happend back in 21 Oct 2004.
The RC has been filed 23 Oct 2005 with no reaction from the maintainer ever
since.

	Dilemma: There is no any chance for a comaintenance either, since the
maintainer has been MIA for more that a year now and these RC-bugs are left
unaddressed. Also seems he will not file a RFH, FRA, or O or ask for
comaintenance in a reasonable timeframe.

	Advice: I've been told to consult the QA team for advice and for formal MIA
tracking. If the package is to be left in the cold, I'm ready to take it over
adding myself to Uploaders:, while the original Maintainer: will remain as it
is. Well, I'm still in the NM queue, so I'll need a sponsor also.

Thanks.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/shc/shc_3.7-2/changelog
[3] dget from ftp://ftp.logos-bg.net/debian-addons-bg/dists/unstable/shc/

Please, CC: since I'm not subscribed to the list.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB