Archiving UDD data : FLOSSMole ?

Hi.

I'm thinking about the providing of facts about Debian which is in UDD,
to the research community studying free software development (projects,
communities, metrics, social networks, quality, etc.).

In particular, these researches are sometimes done on historical data,
which UDD doesn't necessarily provide.

I think maybe it would be interesting to "offer" some data from UDD to
the FLOSSMole research archive at :
http://ossmole.sourceforge.net/ (and
http://code.google.com/p/flossmole/ ). By offering, I mean there may be
some need of synchronisation with the researchers for technical matters
(or others : anonymization, etc.)...

FLOSSMole (partly funded by the US NSF) is already collecting lots of
facts about many development archives of directories, and a recognized
source of Data used by quite a lot researchers already, so I think it
would be quite useful to add Debian facts to that to complement the
vision of the FLOSS ecosystem for these researchers.
In particular, they're used to archive dumps of forges already (SF,
etc.).

I've raised this idea at the WOPDASD 2009 workshop today
(http://libresoft.es/activities/wopdasd-2009-4th-workshop-on-public-data-about-software-development ) and will maybe try and facilitate contacts between the research community and Debian if needed...

Will try and point to some slides presenting Flossmole in response to
that mail, later.

Any comments ?

I hope to meet some of you at Debconf to talk to you about that.

Regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC