Re: No more userdir on merkel (Was: UDD upload-history update-command broken)

Bart Martens wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 04:16:33PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 16:10, Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org>
>> wrote:
>> > merkel has been moved to apache2 and php5 recently, and userdirs are
>> > disabled per DSA policy.
>
> Userdirs still work on merkel.  See:
> http://merkel.debian.org/~morph/

Yeah, but that's because it still uses apache, but DSA plans to switch
everything to apache2 sts.

>> Am I the only one quite unhappy with this change? If I'm alone, no
>> problem, I'll find something else, but if we are a bit more, what do
>> you think about contacting DSA and ask to rethink about this change?

I've asked them to re-enable it and it was denied, at least for the qa.d.o
case. One of the reasons was so that stuff that matters isn't restricted to
a person, so that in the event the person doesn't have time or whatever,
anyone else can take over.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer