Re: Access to packages in the NEW queue

Am 2016-07-05 um 11:08 schrieb Mattia Rizzolo:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 10:47:35AM +0200, Simon Kainz wrote:
>> Currently i can only get some information (html dump of varois files )
>> via the links on [0], but i think we should be able to get the real
>> packages.
>>
>> What do you think about this anyway? And who may i prod to get access to
>> packages in the NEW queue? ;-)
>
> You won't get access to the actual packages.  That's because the main
> purpose of NEW is to block non-dfsg stuff, which means there can be
> (and sadly often it's the case) that there might be unredistributable
> files (which of course we are not going to redistribute by making NEW
> open).

Yes, i fully understand and accept/support this fact. I also do not want
to make packages in the NEW queue available or downloadable to everyone
before it is compliance-checked and in the archive. I was rather
thinking about running some checks after upload automatically, whith the
results being sent back to the uploader. This would somehome extend the
current checks for rejects, but probably more focused on QA rather than
policy topics.

> (not commenting on the "do more checks whilst still NEW" thing, only
> about the "public" access to NEW)

Simon