Re: small question regarding UDD and Source.xz file

On 09/03/21 at 19:42 +0100, Patrice Duroux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am surprised to find multiple entries for a given package and
> architecture having different versions
> in a specific (same distribution, release, component) source index file.
> For instance:
>
> curl -s https://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/experimental/main/source/Sources.xz
> | xzgrep -A 7 "Package: sphinx"
>
> [...]
>
> Where am I wrong?

Hi,

This list includes source packages with Extra-Source-Only: yes (only
included because they are referenced by binary packages using
Built-Using).

See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=699268 for some
context.

A workaround is to filter on the extra_source_only column, or to use the
sources_uniq view which excludes those.

Lucas