Re: Appstream hints no longer available

Hi Raphaël!
Happy new year!

Am So., 8. Jan. 2023 um 16:17 Uhr schrieb Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
> I recently opened my owner@tracker.debian.org mailbox and I found
> hundreds of errors:
>
> ----
> Task UpdateAppStreamStatsTask failed with the following traceback.
>
> HTTPError
> 404 Client Error: Not Found for url:
> https://appstream.debian.org/hints/sid/non-free-firmware/Hints-amd64.json.gz
> ----
>
> It looks like that the files required for the tracker.debian.org
> integration have disappeared since mid-December. Can you add them back?
> Shall I disable/remove the integration for now?

Eww! The problem is not the files disappearing, but them never having
existed in the first place, since the "non-free-firmware" component is
new.
I've added it now via
https://salsa.debian.org/pkgutopia-team/debian-asgen-config/-/commit/4382a6c3aece0eef0c6f2c05279d61aa667ab601
, so this issue should resolve itself very soon!

I also thought about submitting a patch to Package Tracker to not fail
so badly if a component is missing, but then again, if that would have
been any other component than the non-free-firmware one, it would
actually have been a much bigger issue and we would have needed to
know about it.
So, by generating data for that component, I think this problem is
addressed well.

Thank you for letting me know! (Data for the new component should show
up in maybe an hour already)
Cheers,
    Matthias