Re: unblock (pre-approval): kde-workspace/4:4.11.13-2.1

On Monday 06 April 2015 20:29:27 John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> I wasn't actually aware that there additional code in the sysvinit init
> script that would customize or even create a new kdmrc. The kdm package
> actually ships a kdmrc file, so I just added a few lines to make the
> package systemd-aware.

The shipped kdmrc file is invalid (on purpose) and needs preprocessing to
actually work.

What is needed for testing things is:

new install with desktop-base installed: Debian lines theme should be used

New install without desktop-base installed: The upstream provided theme
(elarun?) should be used

new install with desktop-base installed, and then removed: The upstream
provided theme should be used.

new install with user configured theming. The user configured theme should be
used

New install with another desktop theme provider than desktop-base installed:
The selected theme should be used

Debian live with autologin should also be tested.

And then there is all the upgrading cases.

IT is not a small task, and that's part of the reason why it has been
postponed so far.

I wouldn't mind taking a 'less' tested approach in another point in the Debian
release cycle, but at this point, it needs really some testing and people
looking at the code. Unfortunately, I'm not volunteering for that.

/Sune
--
I didn’t stop pretending when I became an adult, it’s just that when I was a
kid I was pretending that I fit into the rules and structures of this world.