Re: draft packaging of calligra 2.9.5

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 14:33:23 Maximiliano Curia wrote:
> Please read: http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/gitguidelines.html

Done.

> The part about "Committing policy and guidelines" explain the team
> guidelines about this kind of changes.

I see, you prefer new upstream releases to begin with changelog-only
commits... No problem.

> One particular bothering part is that this change renames the patches at the
> same time that patches are removed, this makes the log very hard to read.

Sorry about that unintentional change. Renaming patches should be a separate
commit. Hopefully `gitg` or another frontend may ease some pain of reading
change logs...

> Also, there is a debian/README.source, one of the things documented there
> is the current way used to update the copyright file. I agree that it can be
> improved, but calling names, or qualifiers against other team members
> creates frustration and reduces the morale, sorry, we had our quota of
> that.

Not sure if I follow you here. I've never said anything bad about another team
member. But I will call sloppy work "sloppy work". In polite and respectful
manner I'm going to be as sincere and straightforward as I can. Some
constructive criticism may be unpleasant but adults can surely take it. What
morale is good for if people can not speak straightforwardly?

> > I'd say documenting patches is a must for team-maintained packages.
>
> I would say highly-recommended, you can only encourage people to do things
> better.

Agreed.

--
Cheers,