Re: kwindowsystem_5.13.0-2_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

On 2015-08-21 09:06, Mario Fux wrote:
Am Freitag, 21. August 2015, 07.59:55 schrieb Pino Toscano:

Morning Pino

In data giovedì 20 agosto 2015 13:52:04, Maximiliano Curia ha scritto:
> ¡Hola Pino!
>
> El 2015-08-20 a las 10:11 +0200, Maximiliano Curia escribió:
> > ¡Hola Pino!
> >
> > El 2015-08-20 a las 00:23 +0200, Pino Toscano escribió:
> >> Maxy, many thanks for having - once again - stomped over what me
> >> and
> >> Felix committed on the packaging git repository.
> >>
> >> This is my last commit to some packaging repository where you work
> >> on as well, since you are clearly unable to work on repositories
> >> where other people can work too.
>
> Let's try this again, now that I'm properly awake.
>
> I'm sorry that I stomped over your changes. I was doing several things
> at the same time, Sune pointed me that we hadn't fixed this issue
> that was a critical one, while I was helping someone to start working
> with the team, helping helios and doing some more scheduling tasks
> for DebConf.
>
> So I thought I had already updated the git repository, but obviously I
> hadn't.
>
> I'm sorry, this is by no means a disrepect towards the work done by
> you, but simply a human mistake caused by trying to do too many
> things at the same time. I'll try harder to avoid these situations in
> the future.

As I said, this is not about "my changes" nor about "what happened this time", but something that happened few times already, even after I told
you different times about this; see also my previous email with more
details.

Dismissing the issue with a "sorry, it happened, don't take it
personally" will *not* change the fact that such issues have happened at
times in the past,

Seriouly? So you want the past changed?

I don't see where I'm implying that.

Honestly as far as I see it Maxy agreed to your accusations, apologize, has
giving as reasonable explanation why this happened,

Please do read the other reply I wrote yesterday, This is not the first
time such things happened, it's a cyclic issue that keeps repeating.

is doing a lot of work,
really a lot of work for KDE software packaging in Debian, is (as far as I see it) bringing in new people and helping them and seems to be quite patient.

Please note that "does a lot of work" is not a carte blanche to keep
doing mistakes on other people's work, despite that being pointed out.

and given that you're not changed much your modus
operandi wrt that, they *will* happen again. A one-shot issue could be
understandable (everybody makes mistakes, I'm the first to do them), but
the same issue repeating over time (after being told about) is not.

So please be concrete. What do you expect Maxy to do now? Change the past? Most probably not? Apologize? That he did? Change his way of working? As I see it he wrote that he will try hard not to do it again. What else do you expect?

Honestly? I don't expect anything from now on. I've been already hit
by these issues a number of times in the last 3 years (and lately
I've reducing my contributions to places where Maxy works on too,
*exactly* to not being hit by that), see also a+b+c+d in [1].

Look, I understand you are seeing me right now as the "complaining guy
throwing accusation that random" (which is not), but do you really
think I would say this if not because I think there *is* a problem
with this? Feel free to think whatever you want, that keep apologising
for the same issues happening again and again and again is fine.
On my side, I actually don't care about this anymore.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/2015/08/msg00462.html

--
Pino Toscano