Re: OpenSSL woes with kdelibs4support

Hi,

In data martedì 5 settembre 2017 00:06:24 CEST, Steve Robbins ha scritto:
> In order to work on DigiKam, I install all its dependencies -- which includes
> libssl1.0-dev -- but then I find libssl-dev is removed and other things I work
> on break.  So I tried to track down what is depending on the old libssl1.0-dev
> package.

Unless anything else requires libssl-dev (which I don't see, at a quick
glance), then it should not be a problem in buildd's chroots.
That also reminds me to remind you: source-only uploads are allowed for
many months now, so please do not upload binaries built on your own.

> I think the main issue is that libkf5kdelibs4support-dev (from
> kdelibs4support) depends on libssl1.0-dev.   I tried to build kdelibs4support
> with the newer SSL package and it fails.  I presume this what prompted
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=828364 -- the logs are very
> similar.  Oddly, though, that bug is closed as "fixed in 5.28.0-1" with no real
> information as to why.

That upload switches from libssl-dev to libssl1.0-dev, both to follow
what Qt5 did (and still does), and because it FTBFSes anyway with
openssl 1.1.

> Has anyone spent time looking at whether it is feasible to port to the newer
> SSL?

There are the following bugs for Qt5-related components:
- https://bugs.debian.org/859671 for qtbase, hopefully fixed in 5.10
- https://bugs.debian.org/859853 for khtml
- https://bugs.debian.org/850888 for kdelibs4support

--