Re: Packaging exiv2 0.27

On 01/09/2019 17:49, Steve Robbins wrote:

> Two initial observations:
>
> 1. The version string is wrong; which I just noticed thanks to Salsa's lintian
> checks -- see the MR page referenced above
That's on purpose to the best of my understanding of the processes
(which comes from a bit of documentation skimming and looking at history):
I can't upload so I'd expect whoever actually does that to change the
changelog to the appropriate version, i.a. drop the trailing ~ which as
far as I understand is to make the unreleased version older than any
other by default. Of course if the team (anyone in the) is willing to go
through the sponsorship process I'd be happy to do that :)
> 2. Suggest to enable the unit tests and run them in the build

I thought about that too, but wanted to get ahead with this change first
before throwing another iron into the fire.