should pyside2 be rebuilt with new libqt/qtdeclarative?

Hello,
i am having a look at getting rid of the python2 packages in pyside2
(as part of https://wiki.debian.org/Python/2Removal) and currently
there are only 2 packages left:

* ubertooth (upstream is looking at porting it to py3k)
* pivy

while trying to rebuilding pivy, the build-dependencies installation fails with

libpyside2-py3-5.11 : Depends: qtdeclarative-abi-5-11-2 which is a
virtual package and is not provided by any available package

at which point i stumbled upon
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/qtdeclarative-abi-5-12-5.html

so i'm wondering: should we rebuild pyside2 against this new lib?
should we update it to the latest upstream release as part of the same
effort?

let me know what you think and how i can help.

Cheers,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/