Re: qtsystems-opensource-src_5.0~git20181230.e3332ee3-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable, unstable

Hi Mike,

In data martedì 21 aprile 2020 00:14:03 CEST, Mike Gabriel ha scritto:
> > One question: what is debian/copyright.in for? It looks like some
> > unused leftover template.
>
> I uses this script [1] to generate my copyright.in template file. And
> I do this when packaging a project initially and also for every
> upstream release (or Git snapshot).
>
> When doing it for the first time, this copyright.in file is my
> starting point for drafting d/copyright.
>
> With the first upload, I leave d/copyright.in in the package (or
> rather: in the Git repo).
>
> When I do a new upstream release of the package, I re-run the script
> [1] and get a "git diff" for d/copyright.in showing me all
> auto-detectable changes between last upstream version and this
> upstream version.
>
> I then take this auto-detected diff and weave it manually into
> debian/copyright itself.

This ought to be documented in the debian/README.source file then,
otherwise it is hard to miss this. Possibly add a note about it in the
top-level Comment section of the dep5 file, so people opening the
copyright file have a chance to note that.

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano