Re: News from dh-r

On 10 November 2023 4:29:39 pm IST, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>> Does this also work the same way for Depends?
>
>There is no influence on Depends since the packages to recreate the
>docs are not Depends.

In some relatively cases, where a depends in DESCRIPTION has a version that does not confirm with debian version (for instance something like 1.3-1-2) it wasn't possible to even patch the description file since dh-r would convert the dash to dot so I had to patch that out completely and add it to depends. I need to find specific example here.

If I remember correctly but dh-update-r would remove these useful depends. So if you could fix this up as well, it'd be great.

Thanks,
Nilesh