potato

Hi guys,

Since both dark and I have been absent for the last week or so the number
of RC bugs has ballooned outrageously, and some of your uploads and such
have been left sitting in incoming, and as such the release hasn't gotten
significantly closer. Sorry about that. :(

In any event, we'll hopefully get incoming cleared out shortly, and have
i386 done in a day or two. Hopefully.

How does this leave everyone else? A few days ago sparc needed to do a
whole bunch of recompiles. Have these been done? Are there any similar
things that other archs have only just discovered they need to do and
are just doing now?

At this point, as far as i386 is concerned I expect most problems will
be ignored, save for maybe a couple of removals, a couple of upgrades,
and a handful of security fixes which will probably still be being added
at a fairly late stage.

On an only marginally related matter, I'd appreciate it if y'all could
get woody autobuilders happening fairly promptly and effectively by
the time potato releases. If there are hardware or bandwidth problems,
it'd be nice to resolve these ASAP, rather than JIT...

Please note the excessive cross-posting, and edit your followups to suit.
I'm not on most of these lists, so if there's something I need to know
that's not appropriate for -release, please cc me. Thanks.

Cheers,
aj (acting release manager)

                                      -- Dave Clark