RE: Preparing for first test cycle

I believe the intention is to continue testing with a minor security hole.
Then, fix all the problems uncovered while testing and start a new cycle.
However a major problem would make all further testing pointless making it
worth it to stop the cycle, fix the problem, and start over.  This means we
aren't testing a moving target.  Once there are no more release critical
problems (old or uncovered in the last testing cycle), then we can release.

I've seen the opposite in practice and it's not pretty.  Basically
regression testing is started, a flaw is found and fixed.  However, they
continue regression testing from the middle instead of starting from the
beginning.  The result is patches which fix problems introduced in other
patches.

Brandon Mitchell <brandon_mitchell@sra.com>
SRA International
703-227-8326 (W) or 888-358-6065 (P)