Re: file RC bugs for potato uninstallable pkgs (was Re: Pleaserelease 2.1r6)

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Richard Braakman wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 12:28:08PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > The next thing I'm doing is filing RC bugs for priority problems (most
> > > often: package with priority `optional' depends on package with priority
> > > `extra').
> >
> > Please don't.  Such bugs are not release-critical.
>
> Not even the ones regarding packages which are installed by default?
> (read: priority standard and above).

Speaking from the install system perspective, I would think priority
std pkg bugs in priorities could have a serious impact for new
installs and new users, and should probably be RC.  There aren't many
pkgs at priority std or above.