Re: 2.2r3 preparation

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 01:16:18PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > IIRC realplayer is orphaned.
>
> I don't this so:
>
> -rw-rw-r--    1 troup    debadmin    10924 Dec 31 17:49
>   /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/pool/contrib/r/realplayer/realplayer_8.0.tar.gz

Eh?

% ssh auric dpkg -I /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/pool/contrib/r/realplayer/realplayer\*.deb | grep Maintainer
 Maintainer: Debian QA Group <debian-qa@lists.debian.org>

> > > How's the way we cope with this kinda issue in the BTS -- "stuff fixed
> > > in unstable need to be backported to stable" ?
> >
> > Tag the bug with the "potato" tag?
>
> Oh, duh, thanks.
>
> This is to help the package maintainers, not the release manager, I
> take it?

Well, Anthony wrote in the tag description e-mail that it (and other two
release-named tags) is "intended to be used mainly for release critical
bugs, for which it's important to know which distributions are affected to
make sure fixes (or removals) happen in the right place."