Re: Preparing Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r3

On Fri 09 Mar, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r3
> =====================================

> mtools      updates   3.9.6-4           arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc
>
> 	Doesn't look like it was suited for potato.  Changelog says
>
> 	* New maintainer.
>
> 	* The following patches are needed to get mtools running on ARM:
>
> 	    - updated config.guess and config.sub
>
> 	    - configure.in: recognize *-*-linux-gnu
>
> 	    - configure.in: add "-mstructure-size-boundary=8" to the
> 			    CFLAGS on ARM (closes: #79180)
>
> 	Alpha is also missing
>
> 	Explanation from Adrian Bunk:
>
> 	It was meant to go in potato: All the patches (except the
> 	changed maintainer address) are ARM-specific or save (I don't
> 	expect bugs with "updated config.guess and config.sub") and
> 	shouldn't affect other platforms. Currently, any call to one
> 	of the programs on ARM gives the error message:
>
> 	Mtools has not been correctly compiled
> 	Recompile it using a more recent compiler
>
> 	(Joey) If Netwinders would have a floppy drive I would be
> 	convinced.

RiscPCs (and indeed all other RiscOS boxen) have floppies. This is an
important fix for those, as this is one of the glaring brokennesses in
Debian-arm 2.2r0 on a RiscPC. I think it should go in, especially given the
assurance that it shouldn't break anything else.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679