Re: mpich C++ transition status

> On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:23:15PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> It just occurred to me, from following previous transitions... lam also
>> has not yet been built on m68k.  Does that mean that the above three
>> source packages should wait on uploading new versions until lam has
>> been built on all platforms, to make sure that the rebuild gets the
>> right library version?

> Yes, unless you set a versioned build dependency, uploading now just
> means you'll have to do it again later.

The build of lam has now failed on m68k, which I'm afraid is going to
impact this transition (not that it's ready to go yet, but this will
definitely have to be dealt with before it can happen, and before even
some packages can be built properly, including netpipe).

devel/lam_7.1.1-3.2: Failed by buildd_m68k-tanda [extra:out-of-date]
  Reasons for failing:
    [Category: none]
    >  m68k-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../share/include -I../../share/include -DLAM_BUILDING=1 -O3 -pthread -MT ndi_parse.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ndi_parse.Tpo -c ndi_parse.c -o ndi_parse.o
    > ndi_parse.c: In function 'ndi_parse1':
    > ndi_parse.c:241: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
    > Please submit a full bug report,
    > See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
    > For Debian GNU/Linux specific bug reporting instructions,
    > see <URL:file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.0/README.Bugs>.
    > make[3]: *** [ndi_parse.lo] Error 1

Not sure whether it would be best to do another upload of lam, decreasing
optimization for m68k, or if this is an addressable toolchain issue.