Re: Multiarch support (was Moving 32-bit libraries to (/usr)/lib32 on amd64)

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 03:42:48AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:

> Will ia32-libs on ia64 still be supported for the etch release?
>
>   Matthias

I hope so or something that works just like it :)  Commercial anti-virus
product Sophos SWEEP is mandatory on Unix/Linux/Windows where I work.
On AMD64 "out of the box" it works (and is supported) on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux. Following email exchanges with Sophos, it looks as if
they've hard coded dependencies on glibc locations - which Debian doesn't meet.
This hard coding is a bad idea - but is solved _completely_ by ia32-libs
:)

[They had suggested building a full 32 bit chroot as per the
instructions on alioth - but I suggested this was significant overkill
for one app. :) ]

HTH someone :)

Andy