Re: Debian Naming Suggestion

This discussion has been had before and at the moment there aren't any
plans to change the naming scheme.

On 9/9/06, Jeremy Herndon <jherndon@azleg.gov> wrote:
I currently do not subscribe to the mailing lists. So I don't know if
this has been considered.

I want to offer a suggestion for a new Debian naming convention. I have
enjoyed the Toy Story names. But perhaps it has run it's course. We have
used 10 toy stoy names over a period of 10 years. That is a good round
number and would be a logical place to start anew.

If Debain were to name the new testing branch "Andy" (the owner of all
the toys). That would make a good ending point and when it is moved to
stable, a new naming convention could be instituted for the testing and
unstable branches.

I propose that Debian continue along the same vein with characters from
a different Pixar movie. IMO, Finding Nemo makes a lot of sense. It has
a lot of named characters that will provide years of distro names. The
unstable branch could be forgetful "dory" or undiciplined "darla".

That is just a simple suggestion that I wanted to submit.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and passing it along for
consideration.

Jeremy

--
Andrew Donnellan