Re: Request for permission to upload through t-p-u for l10n purposes, when needed

On Saturday 03 March 2007 18:11, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Some packages have incomplete debconf translations in testing, while
> this has been fixed in unstable, unfortunately along with a new
> upstream version.....or with RC bugs.
>
> I have the intent to attempt to get this corrected but I would like to
> know whether maintainer or non-maintainer uploads of such packages in
> t-p-u with only changes to debian/po/*po would be OK for you.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea for packages containing udebs as it
could cause version skew between what is included in D-I initrds and
what's in the archive.

IMO it is in general time to start lowering the temperature on the freeze
a bit more and only allow really required updates, but that is just a
personal opinion.