Re: Please unblock sbuild

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 09:02:38AM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Roger Leigh <rleigh@debian.org> writes:
> > Please could you unblock sbuild 0.57.5-1?

> You are kidding, right?

No.  This is a point release, which missed the freeze deadline by just a
few days.  I've been too busy with my PhD work to do more than a few
hours each weekend (sometimes each month) for the past six months.  I
have spent quite a lot of time testing it.

Half the changes are manual page updates.
The bulk of the other changes is switching the small /usr/[s]bin/sbuild-*
utilities to use Getopt::Long for options parsing, adding --help and
--version options amongst others.  sbuild itself was already using
Getopt::Long.  I also rewrote sbuild-createchroot in perl rather than
shell, which adds a number of new improvements and features, including
setting up keyring checking when running debootstrap.

> > This has a number of bugfixes, the most noteworthy being:
> >
> > #492327: [security] Allow APT package authentication
> > #489794, #493325: [bugfixes] serious regressions resulting in breakage
> >   under certain circumstances
>
> If you really want those, prepare an upload to tpu containing only those
> changes and not the few hundred lines of diff against bin/sbuild-*.

I will if that is required, but there are quite a number of other
bugfixes in the release that I would like to get into Lenny.

Many thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh