I'd consider this bug very serious

severity 514132 grave
thanks

I beg to disagree. This bug will break a lot (my personal guess is about 80%)
of postgresql clusters as the setup Bernd describes is a de facto standard.
Therefore I consider grave as the right severity. However, I do not want to
play bug tracking ping-pong, I just upgraded is this one time so it does not
fly under the radar and CCed debian-release so they can tell us what to do.

Keep in mind that a patch fixing this issue is already listed in the bug
report. So I fail to see why we don't update the package and fix that bug.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!