Re: binNMUs for metacity

* Josselin Mouette [Sun, 08 Mar 2009 03:57:43 +0100]:

> Hi,

> it looks like metacity took much less time to get out of NEW than what I
> expected. I hope it doesn’t stomp on other transitions.

> The following packages need to be rebuilt:
>         nmu compiz_0.7.6-7 . ALL . -m 'Rebuild against
>         libmetacity-private0'
>         dw compiz_0.7.6-7 . ALL . -m 'libmetacity-private0'
>         nmu control-center_1:2.22.2.1-2 . ALL . -m 'Rebuild against libmetacity-private0'
>         dw control-center_1:2.22.2.1-2 . ALL . -m 'libmetacity-private0'
>         nmu gnome-python-desktop_2.22.0-2 . ALL . -m 'Rebuild against libmetacity-private0'
>         dw gnome-python-desktop_2.22.0-2 . ALL . -m 'libmetacity-private0'

Scheduled, minus gnome-python-desktop as indicated on IRC.

Also, when asking for transition binNMUs, it is in general not necessary
to follow this syntax, nor to give a list of packages. Just saying
"please schedule binNMUs for this SONAME bump" is enough. I've updated
the wanna-build.txt file to mention this.

> I don’t get why monodevelop depends on libmetacity0 as well, so in any
> case it looks there is something to fix in here.

Ah, I see you CC'ed Mirco already, excellent.

> I was also going to ask for binNMUs for the poppler transition, but it
> seems like they are already building, so thanks for the responsiveness.

:-)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore,
if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not
smart enough to debug it.
                -- Brian W. Kernighan