Re: And now for the GNOME transition

+ Josselin Mouette (Wed, 20 May 2009 22:17:51 +0200):

> Le mercredi 20 mai 2009 à 17:03 +0200, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> > I still consider this bug RC for squeeze, but this will allow to finish
> > the gnome-desktop transition without dealing with it.

> Now that is dealt with, I see no RC bugs preventing the gnome-desktop
> transition. There is only the gnome-do/armel build failure, all other
> builds are in sync.

> So, can a caring release manager force the whole thing in, or tell if
> there is something else remaining?

Hinted in the whole lot (gnome-desktop, gnome-sharp2, gucharmap,
libepc, libgnomekbd, and totem-pl-parser).

Report of packages broken by this migration:

  * gnome-do/armel: I've set up a dep-wait on the new gnome-desktop-sharp2,
    which I'll ask ftpmasters to re-inject (so, Mirco, no need to re-upload)

  * gwget2/mipsel, awn-extras-applets-*/mips: builds didn't arrive on
    time, they will get in with tonight's run of britney

  * evolution-rss/ia64: build failed due to these checks the ia64 folks
    perform after a build completing:

      Function `camel_text_index_new' implicitly converted to pointer at rss.c:3415

  * awn-applets-c-extras/{mips,mipsel,powerpc,sparc}: this package got
    built against the new webkit in these arches. I'll schedule Bin-NMUs
    in testing to solve this, I think.

So, evolution-rss/ia64 needs maintainer attention. (Could you file an RC
bug as well, please?)

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?