Release goal proposal: remove yada

[CCing yada maintainer, to avoid going behind his back with this]

I would like to propose a release goal for wheezy of removing yada from Debian:

http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/RemoveYada

While accepting that this may attract some controversy, and while
supporting the principle that package maintainers should be
responsible for technical decisions about their packages, I believe
bug #334164 (regarding yada modifying debian/control files during
build) should be considered serious by the release team.
Additionally, many packages using yada break Policy 12.5 (regarding
debian/copyright files in source packages).

Many packages that rely on yada are maintained by NMU; and use of yada
can cause problems for others looking to help with these packages.

Given the availability of other, more widely used helper tools, I
believe it is less work to migrate the packages currently using yada
to different systems than it is to fix these problems.

I am happy to advocate this goal, and will update the wiki page with a
BTS usertag if there is agreement from the release team.

Kind regards,

--
Tim Retout <diocles@debian.org>