Re: [SRM] proposed stable update ca-certificates

On Fri, September 16, 2011 08:04, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> can
>> >
>> > I think it needs to be uploaded via the sec archive, and the +nmu3
>> > version removed from it. IIRC when syncing sec-master to ftp-master
>> all
>> > versions are
>> > copied.
>>
>> I'm not aware of such "syncs". When do they happen?
>
> Now that I think about it, I'm probably confusing the original package
> install (with new-sec-inst) with the upload of the package to
> ftp-master.
>
> Anyways, the package with the bumped version should be uploaded to the sec
> archive and installed into ftp-master from there.

Why would that be preferable? It seems to me that uploading straight to
ftp-master is the most direct way to resolve the issue, because the issue
is that the package is not on ftp-master. What advantage is there to go
through security-master? It only seems extra noise on the
debian-security-announce list, and I'm still missing the technical
advantage of that.

Cheers,
Thijs