Re: nbd freeze exception?

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 12:59:39AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> (02/07/2012):
> > No, this isn't a request for a freeze exception, yet. I'd just like to
> > test the waters before I start working on this: […]
>
> I think the [2] pointer in the freeze announce covers your question. FTR
> that was: http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

Well, I had read that, but wasn't sure.

Anyway, just so we start talking about something concrete rather than about
maybes and ifs, I've put in some time to do some more tests etc.

The full diff is fairly long:

wouter@carillon:~/code/c/nbd$ git diff nbd-debian-3.1.1-1..HEAD |wc -l
584

so I've put it up at http://people.debian.org/~wouter/nbd-3.2.diff

Also, I'm adding the commit messages, as produced by
git log --no-merges --format=full nbd-debian-3.1.1-1..HEAD
at http://people.debian.org/~wouter/nbd-3.2.log

Finally, for more detail, the git repository is available on
git.debian.org; see
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/wouter/nbd.git

In short, most of these fixes are about increasing reliability of
nbd-server, and I'd really like to get it in still.

Please advise.

Thanks,

the following formula:

pi zz a