Re: Freeze exception for ruby-fast-xs 0.8.0-3

Adam D. Barratt escreveu isso aí:
> On 10.07.2012 09:37, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> >]] "Adam D. Barratt"
> >>It's not just those three packages, fwiw.  chef-expander then
> >>ends up
> >>depending on a chain of a further six NEW packages (for a total
> >>of eight
> >>NEW sources, most uploaded within the couple of days before the
> >>freeze).
> >
> >They are at least in part based on chef's upstream packaging of
> >same. And, they're scheduled to go in today anyway, so the only
> >difference to whether ruby-fast-xs 0.8.0-3 is approved or not is
> >whether
> >that version plus chef-expander goes in, not the rest of the ruby
> >packages.
>
> Fair point.  It's still somewhat stretching the edges of the unblock
> criteria
> though, given that chef-expander's exception is based purely on the
> grounds of it
> being in unstable at the right time (with, as you know, some debate
> as to whether
> NEW packages should have been granted an exception even then) and
> the bug in
> ruby-hpricot doesn't affect the version of the package in wheezy.

There are sets of interrelated packages (e.g. the chef-server stack)
that were already partially migrated to wheezy.

In this case, wouldn't it be possible to relax the criteria a little so
that we can have the complete stack in wheezy instead of having an
incomplete stack caused by a few bugs with trivial solutions?

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>