Re: grib-api 1.12.3-1

On 05/10/14 20:19, Enrico Zini wrote:
Hello,

I have prepared a new upload of grib-api, version 1.12.3-1. This is the
main bit of the changelog:

   * New upstream version
      - grib_api has an official soname now!

It means that it now builds just a standard libgrib-api0, supported by
upstream, and we'd be done with having the library full version in the
soname.

However, I'm kind of late.

Still, I've rebuilt all the reverse build dependencies with it[1], and
they build fine with it. This means that the only transition needed
would just be a round of binNMUs.

It would be nice to have grib_api soname sanity in jessie, but I'm not
uploading it without your informed and enthousiastic consent.

Please let me know. The new package is on master here:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/gribapi.git

[1] This is the list as far as I understand:
     Maintained by Alastair McKinstry: cdo, emoslib, flexpart, magics++,
                                       metview, pygrib
     Maintained by Youhei SASAKI: ruby-grib

It is great to have a stable soname, but this is too late for Jessie. You can however file a transition bug now and upload the package to experimental. But the transition will have to wait till after the freeze.

Emilio