Re: arch: all packages and uninstallability on i386

On 08/04/16 07:16, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> [Please Cc me; I'm not subscribed]
>
> Hi,
> I have a similar problem with two packages.
>
> I am trying to prevent python-pysam and its reverse-dependencies from
> being removed from testing. The latest release of python-pysam can not
> yet build on i386, and it cannot migrate to testing because it would
> make it's arch: all reverse-dependencies uninstallable. The previous
> upstream release has an RC bug and I don't want any of these packages to
> be removed from testing because of this.

So this used to build on i386 but those binaries have been removed. I suppose we
could force this in.

> Another package is circlator, which is arch: all and has some
> dependencies that cannot currently build on i386. Its testing migration
> has been stalled for over two weeks because it's not installable on i386.

That sounds like it's a regression, i.e. the version in testing is currently
installable on i386 whereas the version in sid isn't. That's why it doesn't
migrate. We could force it as well, making this package uninstallable on i386
(just as if it was arch:any and you had removed the i386 binaries).

Is that what you want?

Is it not possible to fix that rdep?

Cheers,
Emilio