Re: Security improvements for stable kernels

>1. Add the option to disable unprivileged use of perf_event_open().
>   unstable for some time.  In unstable this is also enabled by
>   default, but I don't propose to do that in stable.

In case you change your mind and want to enable that by default in
stable at some point, such a change should be accompanied by a
documentation update + NEWS for papi/libpfm4 since that kernel behavior
change will "break" papi/libpfm4 (which reminds me to check whether I
added some NEWS in unstable, yet.)

Andreas