Re: SONAME bumps (transitions) always via experimental

Hi,

On 05-01-2023 14:13, Simon McVittie wrote:
    since passing NEW currently requires a
    source+binary upload but migrating to testing requires a follow-up
    source-only upload (same total number of uploads).

To be fair, normal SONAME bump NEW uploads only need a arch:!all binary uploaded and normally the Release Team has been scheduling binNMU's for arch:!all binary uploads. So under quite some conditions it indeed does require an additional upload.

    Presumably if a maintainer finds that they need this, the ftp
    team would read a justification in debian/changelog and relax this rule?

In my original mail I on purpose said "to also by *default* reject" (emphasis added now), exactly to not make it an absolute reject for purposes like this.

Paul