Re: xen_4.17.0+24-g2f8851c37f-1_multi.changes REJECTED [and 1 more messages]

Dear Ian,

Le 06/02/2023 à 11:41, Ian Jackson a écrit :
ftpmaster REJECTed it:
there is an ocaml stack rebuild[1] at them moment, where xen is a part of.
So please upload to experimental.

I am as surprised as you by this rejection reason...

[1] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/ocaml.html

I am responsible for this one :-)

OCaml stack rebuilds happen routinely. They rarely pose problems (as far as I can tell). When I initiate one, I actively monitor it.

Could you please advise is what the proper way is for us to interact
with ocaml transitions ?  When, if at all, should we wait with
uploading to unstable ?
[...]
Please let us know by this time tomorrow if there's any reason not to
do that.

As far as xen is concerned, it depends only on ocaml and findlib, and has no reverse-dependencies (in OCaml land). It should not pose any problems in general, and does not (as far as I can tell) in the current case.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane