grub 2.12-2 and 2.12-2~deb13u1 unstable/testing security updates [CVE-2024-2312]

Hi,

I just uploaded grub2 2.12-2 and 2.12-2~deb13u1 to unstable
and testing-proposed-updates respectively. These have been
pending for a couple weeks now but we got a bit distracted
by the time_t stuff (which is also the reason for the t-p-u
upload so this doesn't get stuck).

These fix a use-after-free in the peimage module that has been
assigned CVE-2024-2312 that affects Debian/Ubuntu grubs 2.12~rc1
and newer:

GRUB2 does not call the module fini functions on exit, leading to
Debian/Ubuntu's peimage GRUB2 module leaving UEFI system table hooks
after exit. This lead to a use-after-free condition, and could possibly
lead to secure boot bypass

The same change also restores support for the systemd-boot stub.

Dear ftp and release teams, please ensure that the testing-proposed-updates
upload lands and that the signed uploads are processed accordingly. I
don't know how to handle the signing with the proposed-updates, but I'm
sure you can coordinate that :)

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en