Re: Doubts about Setting up a riscv64 virtual machine

Hi,

On 2020-10-18 12:00, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Em dom., 18 de out. de 2020 às 02:29, Moises Arreola <moyarrezam@gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
> > Hello, my name is Moises and I'm  a undergraduate student of Mexico
> > working with RISC-V, right now I was trying to run the virtual machine
> > suggested on the page
> > https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V#Installing_qemu_from_the_Debian_archive,
> > but I encounter a problem while running the qemu-system-riscv64.
> > I don't know if you give me any clue of what might be crashing the
> > command, I'm putting some images of what output I'm getting and also
> > information of the system I'm using, any commentary will be appreciated.
> > Also thank you in advance for your help.
> > The linux distribution is a Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon
> > uname -a :
> > Linux nexusvm-VirtualBox 5.4.0-48-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 10
> > 10:58:49 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> > [image: image.png]

The issue you encountered was a bug specific to risc-v introduced in
kernel 5.8.4 [1]. It has been fixed in kernel 5.9 [2], which is now in
debian sid. Please try again, it should should work now.

Aurelien

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-riscv/2020-September/002019.html
[2] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-riscv/2020-October/002423.html