Re: Bad dependencies and missing packages

Hi Brent!

On Mon, 2023-07-31 at 04:54 +0000, Brent Kolasinski wrote:
> I know you are all busy with the moving of RISC-V into the main archive (exciting news!),
> and just wanted to bring this to the teams attention, in case it is worthy of filing a bug
> (or making the determination that it is a temporary condition).
>
> I am attempting to debootstrap a riscv64 root. However, I am getting the run around with
> dependencies, regardless of using unstable in debian-ports or unstable in the main archive.
> I am wondering if this is just a bad time to be doing this...

Indeed, it is. The release archive for riscv64 is currently being built with about 3800 out
of more than 15,000 packages already being done [1]. So you'll just have to wait a few more
days.

And since the Debian Ports archive is no longer seeing updates, it possible that it has fallen
into an inconsistent state where a debootstrap is no longer possible.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer