binNMUs syncing versions?

Hi Adrian,

It seems that you have been scheduling binNMUs on riscv64 to sync the
version number with the other architectures, although there is no
specific binNMU message saying so.

I am not sure it's a good idea at this time, as we'll have to rebuild
all the packages already built once more, in order to get them built on
DSAed buildd (currently they are manually signed). This is a requirement
for being able to have a testing suite.  Therefore if the versions are
already in sync, it means we'll have to binNMUs all the other
architectures instead.

Of course there are some cases where we want to be able to do multiarch
installations already for bootstrapping purpose and thus where this is
actually wanted, in that case binNMUs are welcome.

Cheers,
Aurelien

aurelien@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net