ubuntu riscv64 -> debian riscv64

I found ubuntu riscv64 ports and used that to debootstrap working releases of mantic/noble for the visionfive2:
https://github.com/inindev/visionfive2/releases
https://github.com/inindev/visionfive2/blob/main/ubuntu/make_ubuntu_img.sh

I prefer to run debain linux, and am wanting to better understand what it would take to get debian riscv64 ports building regularly. It seems to me with ubuntu successfully doing this, there are not many technical challenges to having the same binary support with the debian project.

PS: I have tried to subscribe to this mailing list but receive the following response: "Error: Overload"
https://lists.debian.org/debian-riscv

How have others been able to subscribe here?

John Clark